Re-engineered for women to provide extra warmth and comfort, our single layer UltraLight™ Insulated Mats provide the lightest and smallest packed size mat without compromising on comfort.
When we set out to design a mat that was better than what was already available, we ultimately went back to why we carry a sleeping mat into the wild in the first place — to give us a better night’s sleep. ‘Better’ is of course a very subjective ambition and while we could have made the lightest, or the most compact mat ever designed, we’re stoked to present what we consider to be the most comfortable sleeping mattresses available. Happy sleeping!
- Air Sprung Cells™ conform to your body shape, providing a more even dispersion of pressure across the mattress for a more comfortable nights sleep
- Multi-function high flow-rate valve provides fast inflate, deflate and easy fine-tuning for personalised comfort
- Ultra-Fresh® anti-microbial treatment to the TPU formula to prevent internal mould growth
- Includes an Airstream™ Pump that is integrated into the stuff sack for quick and easy inflation
- Includes a repair kit for easy puncture repair in the field
- Included Pillow Lock™ system attaches Sea to Summit pillows to mat
- Ultralight Backpacking, Bike Touring
Comfort & Support
The air sprung cells are the core technology of our Sleeping Mat range, and are the reason why you will sleep better on a Sea to Summit Sleeping Mat. Instead of the typical baffled construction, Sea to Summit sleeping mats are constructed using a dot-weld pattern to create a high surface-area matrix of interconnected chambers called Air Sprung Cells. Air Sprung Cells operate in the same way as a pocket spring mattress, as each cell deforms independently the mattress conforms to your body shape which feels softer and more comfortable with more body contact area and even dispersion of pressure.
Women's Specific Sleeping Mat Shape
- Using anthropometric data to reveal how best to cater for a woman’s size and weight distribution, the way they store heat and the way they sleep (on their side, mostly), our women’s specific mats are wider from hip to knee and narrower at the shoulder. A thicker THERMOLITE® layer in our women’s air mats and a unique Delta Core™ profile in our women’s self inflating mats translates to warmer core body zones.
Extrusion TPU Lamination
- Our TPU lamination is applied through a process unique to the medical and aeronautical industries. Extrusion lamination is more durable, consistent and enables us to use our own TPU recipe. It is vastly superior to roll-to-roll lamination, which is used in most other outdoor products at present and can suffer from delamination issues. We have also introduced an anti-microbial treatment into the TPU to prevent mould or fungal growth.
- The valve integrates an inflate port with a one-way valve to prevent air loss before you seal the valve, a rapid air dump deflate port, and a fine tune button to adjust for comfort – all in one compact, low profile unit.
Pillow Lock System
- Designed to keep your pillow exactly where its meant to be—on your sleeping mat—our unique PillowLock™ hook-and-loop fastener patches come standard with all our mats from mid-2019.
An R-value (Resistance-value) is a metric used to rate how effectively your sleeping mat resists heat loss. It’s the only way to know how well your mat will prevent your body heat being leeched away by ground temperatures (which can be a lot colder than air temperatures).
This value can be tested in-house but at Sea to Summit our mats are independently tested at a laboratory to precisely controlled standards.
The new industry standard ASTM F3340-18 testing has now been introduced and all Sea to Summit mats released from 2020 onwards are tested to this standard.
Construction & Materials
- Exkin Platinum® is a very lightweight and quiet metallised fabric. Exkin Platinum® thermal technology reflects radiant heat back to the user
- Thicker THERMOLITE® layer for increased warmth
- THERMOLITE® insulation lofts up inside the Air Sprung Cells™ to prevent convective heat loss from your warm body to the cold ground
- Extrusion TPU lamination is vastly superior to roll-to-roll lamination, helping to prevent delamination
- Lightweight, quiet and grippy 30/40D Nylon fabric
- Mat: 100% nylon; Valve 100% TPU; Insulation: 100% polyester; Stuff Sack: 100% nylon
|Length||168 CM||184 CM|
|Width||55 CM||64 CM|
|Height/Depth||5 CM||5 CM|
|Weight||480 G||580 G|
|Rolled Size||ø12 x 24 CM||ø12 x 27 CM|